Tuesday, 2017-05-23, 11:30 PM Welcome guest

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Television » Hannibal » News
News
kate-kskDate: Saturday, 2012-08-04, 6:45 AM | Message # 1
Admin
Group: Admin
NBC Orders 13 Episode ‘Hannibal’ Series From Writer Bryan Fuller (UPDATE)

[UPDATE #1] April 20, 2012 – Series creator Bryan Fuller speaks on the TV series of Hannibal and how he’ll reinvent Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Fuller also discusses how the series pulls away from its film counterparts and in using the Thomas Harris novel Red Dragon as the basis of the series which has already cast Hugh Dancy as “FBI Agent Will Graham”. [EW]

[Original] There’s so much to love/hate about this idea. On the one hand nobody (in my mind) can top off Anthony Hopkins as warped cannibal serial killer “Hannibal Lecter”, but its from Bryan Fuller the creator behind Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls. He’s also majorly responsible for Heroes good first season (he left afterwards to run Pushing Daisies and Heroes suffered for it).

NBC has now ordered a 13-episode series Hannibal without shooting a pilot and based off the first script only. This is usually done for projects with really strong material and having Bryan Fuller write seems to have been a great choice.

The series is being touted as a “contemporary thriller series featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon – FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter – who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship.”

The question now remains: Who will play Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham? Certainly Anthony Hopkins and Edward Norton will NOT be on television on a weekly basis (although that would make for an awesome dream movie cast reunion). This is a project DMC will be following throughout, so check back for updates.

I commend NBC for taking this risk since they need to climb out of the ratings-gutter they find themselves in, but also for challenging the remake/reboot norms that people have become accustomed to. I loved Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Red Dragon because the characters and subjects made for a fascinating watch and I’m eager to see where this goes.

Source: Joblo

kate-kskDate: Saturday, 2012-08-04, 6:46 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Hugh Dancy Talks About NBC's Hannibal

Considering the popularity of Thomas Harris' novels about Dr. Hannibal Lecter and the movies that have come from out of them, there's already a keen interest in the planned Hannibal television series that NBC is producing with Bryan Fuller, whose writing on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager led to creating his own shows Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies. (Fuller is also rebooting "The Munsters" for NBC.)

Unlike most television shows, NBC is skipping the "pilot" phase with Hannibal and has already committed to a full season of twelve episodes with plans to start shooting the first episode, directed by David Slade (30 Days of Night), in August, presumably for a mid-season launch.

At the moment, British actor Dancy is the only one who has been cast in the role of FBI agent Will Graham, previously played by William Peterson (in Manhunter) and Edward Norton (in Red Dragon).

While talking to Dancy in New York for his upcoming period comedy Hysteria, our brother site, ComingSoon.net, got around to asking him about the show and its direction, and they got some nice hints about what to expect.

"I'm really excited about it, the script is great, really clever," he told them. "I've read the first episode, but it's not directly adapted because you'd begin with the backstory of Red Dragon, which is when Hannibal is still out and about and before he's even been identified as a criminal. It's all extrapolated from their little bit of backstory in the first novel. Because the source material is there, Bryan has talked me through the first season and potential second season, and it's exciting, it's good stuff."

He told them how he enjoys doing television since it allows him to spend more time developing his character. "I think the characters in this story are really going to benefit from that, because the way that Bryan is painting it as a slow and quite elaborate dance between Hannibal and Will Graham, and the way these two circle each other and lock into each other. Obviously, you can do that in a movie, but I think it works particularly well seeing a character go through a very slow degradation… it's just right for the medium."

As far as developing the character even though he still has another month of his Broadway show Venus in Fur: "I've been thinking about it and I've been reading around the area and I've talked to Bryan a few times and I've actually met a couple of people."

He continued, "What I really like about Bryan when I met him the first time is he said, 'Obviously, there's been great versions of this story told before. We're not doing that. We're doing our own version of the story - we want it to be definitive without trying to undermine anything that's come before. So, that to me is a good ballsy way to go into it and I was very impressed by that."

He wasn't sure if novelist Thomas Harris himself would be involved at all in developing the show, and he's just as excited as everyone else to find out who they're going to get to play Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a role for which Anthony Hopkins won an Oscar.

kate-kskDate: Saturday, 2012-08-04, 6:48 AM | Message # 3
Admin
Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen (Le Chiffre in 2006’s Quantum of Solace) plays the titular serial slayer in this series based on the Thomas Harris novels about the terrifying Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Hugh Dancy stars opposite Mads as FBI agent Will Graham, a man who enlists the psychologist’s help on cases without glimpsing his inner evil.

Bryan Fuller, the show’s writer and producer, tells Entertainment Weekly, “What we have is Alfred Hitchcock’s principle of suspense — show the audience the bomb under the table and let them sweat when it’s going to go boom. So the audience knows who Hannibal is so we don’t have to overplay his villainy. We get to subvert his legacy and give the audience twists and turns.”

kate-kskDate: Saturday, 2012-09-29, 9:14 PM | Message # 4
Admin
"Hannibal" is welcoming another "Wonderfalls" actress -- and character. Chelan Simmons ("The L.A. Complex") will reprise her role as the spirited Gretchen Speck-Horowitz in the upcoming NBC series based on Hannibal Lecter film franchise.

Bryan Fuller, creator and producer of both shows, confirmed the news on Twitter today (Sept. 27):

"THRILLED to be working again with @ChelanLSimmons and TICKLED her #WONDERFALLS character is crossing over to #HANNIBAL."

"Wonderfalls" star Caroline Dhavernas has already been cast on "Hannibal" as psychiatrist Alana Stewart, an FBI consultant and former student of Hannibal Lecter's (Mads Mikkelsen).

Fuller didn't offer any additional details about Simmons' role, but he did post a photo of the actress brandishing an antidiabetic prescription in her character's name.

"Hannibal" will premiere in 2013 on NBC.

Forum » Television » Hannibal » News
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Search
Login in

Twitter
Hannibal (NBC)
Projects
TV-SERIES

Hannibal
Season 2: Feb. 28, 2014 on NBC
Role: Dr. Alana Bloom
IMDB | Official | Images

MOVIES

Mars et Avril
Release Date: october 2012
Role: Avril
IMDB | Official | Images

Goodbye World
Release Date: 2013
Role: Becky
IMDB | Official | Images
Affiliates
chat
Site info
Name: .:Caroline Dhavernas Online:.
Since: june 2006
Webmiss: Kate-ksk (Nomy)
Hosted By: uCoz
.:Caroline Dhavernas Online:. is an unofficial fansite. We have no contact with Caroline, her friends, family, representatives, etc. This site is made by fans for the fans. All images in the gallery belong to their respectful owners and no copyright infringement is intended. All content and graphics are copyrighted to CDO unless otherwise noted.
Site Stats